- Home alone. Me. Home. Alone. At 6:30pm on New Year's Eve. Oh, they will be back. Sooner than later. But for now...it's just me, Her Evil Highness and LJG. Oh, and cheese and crackers and a glass of good Chianti for dinner. *hey, it's New Year's Eve...cheese and crackers and Chianti are perfect*
- I am mentally and physically Done. Kaput. Zapped. Over It. Russell's dad is officially moved in. Next week for a few days Russell, Shawn and I will be cleaning his house in Dumfries and Saturday it goes on the market.
- For a change, I drew a line in the sand and pronounced that we, the five of us, are taking a break today and tomorrow. The kids can play, do whatever, but there will be no packing; no moving; no running back and forth to Prince William County; nor even back and forth to Greensprings, as far as I'm concerned. We need a break to just hang out.
- I immediately followed this hang out and chill directive with the following: I, personally, am going to take the tree down, and retake possession of my home. Cleaning and baking and laundry in MY OWN HOME FOR MY OWN FAMILY. Woo-hoo! I can hardly wait! The rest of 'em can determine what stand down and chill means to them, but I am sooooooo looking forward to this! I am practically giddy!
- On Tuesday, January 2, I am taking a break from even all of them (love them though I do!) and I am going on a mini-retreat. Just me, God, my bible, my journal (I think a brand-spankin'-new-one), some brand new purple pens that fit wonderfully in my hand, and my iPod. I'm not taking my phone so don't call or text. I'm not taking my computer. I believe that there will be mass quantities of coffee consumed and only one person will know where I am...my husband *in case of emergency*
- Surprisingly enough, I am going to miss the tree in the living room. It brings warmth *oh! guess what?! the gas log people sent us the wrong part for the gas fireplace. I was not the least bit surprised because it is, after all, 2011. If we had waited until 2012...they would have sent the correct piece. I'm convinced* (not really, but I like to think it might be true)
- Back to the Christmas Tree...it was not our prettiest; nor our fullest; nor our smelliest. However, I am going to miss it all the same. I can't explain it. I just feel it.
- I saw on Mama Beth's blog, LPM, that she was asking us to provide three words to describe 2011. Interestingly enough, I had already been thinking on several words to describe 2011. I kept coming back to these three:
- I think pain needs no explanation for my three committed readers.
- The second word, Joy, may be a tad surprising; even to me. I have chosen to find the Joy every where I can; every time I can. I think the pain has done that to me. I have to escape the pain at times and go straight to Joy. Deep, warm, all-consuming Joy.
- Redemption. Ahhhhh...to be redeemed. Have I ever mentioned that I love words? I love typing them, writing them and looking up their "official" definition(s). And this word, redeem, is a whopper of a word. According to www.M-W.com: 1a : to buy back : repurchase b : to get or win back; 2: to free from what distresses or harms: as a : to free from captivity by payment of ransom b : to extricate from or help to overcome something detrimental c : to release from blame or debt : clear d : to free from the consequences of sin; 3: to change for the better : reform; 4: repair, restore;...5a :... c : to make good : fulfill 6a : to atone for : expiate <redeem an error> b (1) : to offset the bad effect of (2) : to make worthwhile : retrieve.
- See? Whopper. Applies so many stinkin' ways to me...I can't even begin to go into it all. But I will. On Tuesday. During my retreat. I'll probably share some of it. Or not. Don't know yet. In any case, y'all be safe this New Year's Eve. I love you guys.
Sunday, January 1, 2012
I really didn't think I'd have a moment to blog before the New Year, but here I am. I thought a blog in bullet format was in order, so here we go:
at 6:00 AM